Monday, November 7, 2011

The endless romance of Krakow

I walked home tonight through the park and the cold burns my cheeks in the most pleasent way. Then coming inside to the warmth feels that much better. Also beer with ginger syrup is the best thing I ever had and amounts to less than three dollars. On Sunday I had the most delightful intelluctual date with myself. First a tour of all the galleries I could find in walking distance, which on the lords day are mercifully FREE! its like they WANT people to look at art. Weird. Next was the most luxurious sit in the "art bunker" cafe. It over looks the park, and I could look up from fighting my way through Deleuze, to smoke and watch people walk by. Also I ordered a sandwich and it came with a side of three dipping sauces which was a relief to some one with as much sauce scarcity as myself. It is a freedom I may never know again, to sit there and not have one troubling thought about what I am SUPPOSED to be doing, or when I have to work next etc. To not feel the constraints of time is the ultimate privilage. Then I wandered through the square listening to Franz Liszt and watching the moon rise. Last stop, a lecture at this neat bookstore cafe about the comparison of the Polish solidarity movement to what is now being called the Arab spring. Cool to sit in a cafe in Krakow with a room full of feminists from all over the world and hear them talk about current affairs. I felt for a very brief moment apart of something larger than myself. It was the most perfect Sunday of my whole life. I want to thank you Krakow, for showing me what simple pleasure life can be. I don't ever want to go home.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying Krakow so much. I can't even remember what I did there. I was really sick and even through my travel misery, the beauty and majesty of the city burned itself into my long term memory. It is one of the places I will return to someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes to no feeling of hurry. right there hunkering in the now. And you're doing this in fucking Krakow. Falling in love with painters. Fall away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap i miss poland so much. bring back żubrówka, please!

    ReplyDelete