Friday, September 23, 2011

Babies first protest

As you may know, the Pope is here in Berlin to address parliment. People aren't so excited about it. So yesterday there was a large protest. People dressed up as varying gay dead condom toting incarnations of the Pope, saw one arm in arm with Hitler (nod to popes nazi youth?). Its about the seperation of church and state and the catholic churches notoriously backward ideas on alternative sexualities and contraceptives. I think my favorite sign said something to the effect of "I'll fuck who I want, my hole is not holy." It was amazing to be there, feel part of something where my body faceless in the crowd is meaningful in a way, helping to take up that space, to show solidarity. It is something new to me, to see people upset about something...and then get together in such great numbers to make it known. I thought you just sit on the couch and bitch about all the injustice out there.

2 comments:

  1. My hole is not holy is a pretty sweet punk lyric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole body is sacred ground, hole included but I don't care what the pope thinks I ought to do with it - or NOT do with it. Hard to accept that anybody does but so many must surely. Oy.

    ReplyDelete