Thursday, September 22, 2011

Berlin Is my spirit city

Did a solid wander around the big B today. Saw some churches and this crazy bombed out squat palace where people go to spray paint shit. In another life where I am unaffraid of arrest I would be a graffiti artist. Maybe Berlin will help me grow a pair. Went to my first crypt today, saw a lot of dead princes and princesses. I am slowly learning how to navigate the subway system, with the patient guidence of Karen, a seasoned New York subway vet. I saw this old man owning the flute on the ride home, I was enchanted, however the natives looked annoyed. When the flautist wandered up and down the car waving a dirty cup in everyones face I realized his motives for entertaining us were not so innocent. I did what Anthony Bourdain suggested and tried some currywurst, sausage with katsup and curry powder. A delight for any carnivor. I will try as many different street vendors as I can until I find the perfect currywurst! Can anyone tell me why my pants are feeling a little snug? I don't feel scared of Berlin the way I do other big cities. Its easy to navigate, and filled with nonstop rad shit to see and do. Its cheap too, at least compared to Holland. I would magic wand myself a cute little flat and a hot German lover before you could EVEN blink an eye. EDIT: The internet here is shite so blogging has become a dream of the past, Ill try and slip it in where I can. Saw the Berlin wall, its so real. Went to a sweet little bar and then a raging dance party. The danger for a night creature like me is that the club NEVER CLOSES. Next thing you know you have to take a cab at 4am, because the trains stopped running and you're too drunk to figire out the night bus. Im going to find a way to never leave. Also the pope is in town (not kidding) and people are rioting in the streets because they dont believe in the catholic churches policies on homosexuality and contraception. Good for you Berlin.

3 comments:

  1. Cool Mego !! In 4 years I can come too !!! Let's GO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so NOT kidding. Im working on my German, four years from now ill be fluent.

    ReplyDelete