Thursday, September 1, 2011

Make with the Noise

The Noise conference is almost over which means they will be kicking us out of the castle. It isnt that big of a deal because it has lost a lot of its former charm in the face of bad cafeteria food, nightly keggers on your lawn, hazing rituals, and shitty looks from the business kids who actually attend the university. Turns out they aren't so keen on sexuality or feminist theory, but to each their own. It was a real intense way to start out this trip, but also such a privelage to be a part of. I realized I am totally fucking smart enough to be here once I stop being a baby, and start applying myself. Also if you dont know what the hell they are talking about...look it up on wikipedia. Not a joke. It makes me wish I had taken my whole scholastic career as seriously as I have taken the last few days, its so rewarding. Oh well wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up faster. Its starting to set in that I am not going home for a long time. If I think about it too long I feel the creep of a lonley and homesick whiney baby, and I can't let that asshole ruin this trip for me. We are moving to Strauvis on saturday which is a former anarchist squat turned hostel, situated in the heart of darling Utrecht. Back to civilization, where I can get a real meal or at least some french fries and mayo, instead of having to subsist on a salami hidden under my bed and hard boiled eggs I pilfered from the lunchtime salad bar. There are even movie theaters where I can catch up on all the american made crap I missed out on before I left (yes I came all the way to Holland to watch Cowboys v Aliens with Dutch subtitles).

4 comments:

  1. oh no my unnecisarily long winded diatribe about my new deer obsession got cut off of my picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. When you come back movies will still suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you that you were smart enough to hang with those folks !!! Remember not to get caught up in the University Speak. LOVE DAD OXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fries with Mayo !!! How is that working out ??

    ReplyDelete