Sunday, September 18, 2011

Slow train to Berlin

I left all my sadness back under the grey blankets of Holland. Listen to some Pixies, draw some pictures, and now I'm ready to fuck Berlin sideways. The white bark of the birch trees from the train window is killing me. They look soft like skin, like the way Klimt painted them. Branches weeping gently downward. The landscape feels familiar this way...There is an undue amount of babies on this train. Ive been watching Jan beat the poor girl in front of me with his stuffed rabbit for the better part of an hour, I think he might laugh all the five hours more we have to go...And there is this little girl hugging tightly to her dads neck as they walk up and down the aisles, and she looks at everyone with her big doleful brown eyes. Maybe I have baby fever, but Im pretty sure they're ten fold cuter over here. Maybe its the water, or the welfare state. I like moving, awaiting some new city, now in this moment I feel free and unafraid. If only I could bottle it up for the lean times. AAAAAND a few hours and one good train nap later, Im here in Berlin. We had dinner all together, and picked our homestays. I am with Ahnka and Evera, two lovely women, and their two lovely cats and one tiny dog. The apartment is a luxury (especially after two weeks of hostel living). Nice balcony and dream of dreams...I can smoke inside, which is half the reason I came to Europe in the first place of course. Good art on the walls too, that means good people. Pictures will follow after I smoke a few rollies complements of Ellie, drink some tea, eat my pillow chocolates, shower, sleep and go to school for eight or so hours....

1 comment:

  1. What could I possibly say in the face of someone who has jumped into the river and is being carried by the ever-changing currents? Remember there is a boat and a ruder; who is steering?

    ReplyDelete